Sunday, August 10, 2008

How my journey began...

This is my blog. I am new to this so bear with me if I don't have the frills just yet...I'll get there...eventually. I thought that writing about this road I am on called infertility may help me. I have a lot of feelings and frustrations that I just need to get out and my poor husband must get sick of hearing it all! So, I thought maybe the rest of the world may or may not want to hear it. Maybe not the world but anyone who may be interested.

I have been wanting to start a blog for some time but believe it or not I just got internet at my house. I know what your thinking it's 2008 but they don't have DSL in my area and cable was so expensive. With all the money I shell out for fertility treatments I haven't really had the spare cash to pay for internet. Not that I do now but sometimes you just need to do something for yourself so this is what I am doing.

My journey started 8 years ago...well probably more but will start with when my husband, Doug, and I got married. Since then it has been an up and down roller coaster that I never signed up for. It is so frustrating to see everyone around you be able to get pregnant without a second thought. Don't even get me started on the ones that did not want to be pregnant in the first place!

I was diagnosed with PCOS (Polycystic Ovariian Syndrome) about 4 years ago, even though I knew i had it many years before that. Doctors kept telling me I did not have it until I went to my first RE. I knew being diagnosed with PCOS was not going to be a picnic but I did not imagine what has happened in my life since. I thought getting to an RE would get me on the right track and honestly that I would get pregnant right away. After trying Clomid, to my surprise I did! It was so exciting! I remember because my younger sister, by 5 years, just found out she was pregnant and we thought it would be great to go through this together. However, God had other plans and my joy was short lived. I miscarried at 6 weeks 3 days on my husbands birthday. Happy Birthday, Honey! I was devastated but everyone reassured me that this was common. "Many women have miscarriages, you don't want to have a baby with something severely wrong with it", they said. I went along with it but always thinking I could never be one of those women who had multiple miscarriages... And then I was.

No comments: