Sunday, June 28, 2009

What do I do now?

Well, sorry I haven't posted since Wednesday but I have kind of been a little stunned, a lot pissed off, and busy. I am hurt that I thought some people were my friends. People that I always had their backs. What do I get in return? Plotting and scheming to get me fired. I am not sure what I am going to do at this point. I am really worried that soon I will be out on the streets somewhere. What will happen to my animals? will I ever be able to afford to have a baby? So much for what I said here. I feel like a giant idiot. I am hoping I will be able to get unemployment. We will have to see if it is going to be a fight. Hopefully not but if it has to be I will fight!

My DH says he is glad I am out of there. He says that in the long run I am going to be much happier and things will work out. I just really hope he is right. I am scared. Yesterday my sister helped me get my resume ready. Tomorrow I am going to apply for unemployment and register at the talent bank. Wish me luck. I need to find a job fast!

Friday my mom got in a really BAD car accident. She is very lucky she is alive. she was getting ready to make a left hand turn. She did not see the guy coming and he hit her head on going 55 miles an hour. She was in an Es.cort and the front end was crushed up to the windshield and the windshield broke and all that is wrong with her is she is VERY sore and has a lot of bruising on her chest. She did not even get burned from the air bag, just her shirt did. I just can't believe how lucky she was and I am so happy that she is ok.

Thank you all for your words of support and encouragement! I really need it now.

12 comments:

'Murgdan' said...

I'm so sorry you're going through all this. I'm trying to believe in the whole 'one door closes and a window opens' thing, but no doors or windows have opened for my husband.

Whatever. My new motto...when one door closes, charge a vacation...that'll help.

Glad your mom is ok...and I hope you find another job soon.

Melis.sa said...

Oh my gosh, I'll keep your mom in my prayers!! Glad she's doing okay. ((HUGS)) to you, I hope you find another job quickly.

AnotherDreamer said...

Oh, hun. I am sorry for the shit storm of bad stuff that's been going on. I hope your mother gets better, and that you can find a job soon. Hang in there. I am thinking of you a lot.

battynurse said...

Glad your mom wasn't hurt worse. Sounds like a really bad accident.
So I saw your post earlier that you lost your job (which sucks). So if you were fired then you should be able to get unemployment. Bitchy coworkers suck so bad. Working with people you can't trust does too. I'm so sorry.

Heather said...

Michelle--So sorry to hear about your job loss and your Mom.
I am at the same type of turning point in my life. I am gearing up to leave my job-which is stupid these days, but after 6.5 years of BS and 4 pregnancy losses and infetility, caused by stress I'm sure, I have had enough! I have applied to University at 31! I gor confirmation for a student loan today!
I just know that there are bigger and brighter things for you in the future! Keep your chin up!
Heather

Eskimo_Kisses_4_U said...

I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. People, especially if they were supposed to be your friends, can suck when they hurt us. I'm glad your mom is ok. Sending you lots of love, hope and strength.

Sunny said...

I am so glad your mom is okay!!! Car accidents are so scary. :( The job you can replace, but not your mom! She must have a guardian angel.

Re: the job search, I know it's brutal. I've done it myself, and I also worked as a career counselor for several years. Just remember that job searching is a full-time job in and of itself. Send out as many resumes as you can, and NETWORK NETWORK NETWORK. Make everyone you know (hair dresser, mailman) aware that you are job seeking. Join any jobsearch support groups you can find.

There is a great position out there for you, be vigilant and you will find it!

Heather said...

I think the unknown is the most scary of all- like the title of your post, "What do I do now"?

So glad that your mom is ok.

Jamie said...

I'm on your Hubby's side in this - it sounds like it is a good thing you are out of there. I hope you find a place where you can be happy and enjoy what you do. And quickly!

I am so sorry about your mom! And so happy she is doing so well for all she has been through. She is in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

omg, you don't need anything else on your plate, bless your heart! I'm so glad your mom is ok!

Shelby said...

It is such a miracle that your Mom is ok. With your job and that happening all at once, you've had so much to deal with. Best of luck in your search! Take care!

Anonymous said...

i totally agree with murgdan. i'm so hopeful that this is just the beginning of something wonderful!!! :)