Friday, June 19, 2009

Why I do not cook

So I decided to make one of my favorite childhood deserts. I haven't had them in a while and they sounded oh so good. So I got the VERY EASY recipe for mag.ic coo.kie bars from dear mom and started to make them just like she did. It calls for melting butter so I did what mom used to do...put the glass 13x7 pan on the stove put butter in glass pan and melt said butter. DH comes in and says "why are you doing it that way? You should not do it that way. Just use the microwave." Hmmm never really thought of that easy and convienient way of doing it but I wasn't going to let him win so I say..."It is fine. Quit correcting me. I know how to make these just leave me alone." and then I stick out my tongue at him and just as I do that I am stirring the butter around and as the butter is bubbling...splat...big drop of scalding hot butter right in my eye...
To which my husband started cracking up and says..." I guess I don't need to say I told you so...someone already did that for me."


Funny man he is...

10 comments:

Echloe said...

That cracks me up. Well not you getting hot butter in your eye. But melting it in a pan. Just goes to show that you were parroting your mom which is really sweet.

Bluebird said...

Ack! That must have hurt something awful! You just *keep* sticking your tongue out, girl :)

AnotherDreamer said...

Uhhh, I'm not laughing... okay, maybe I am a little...

That must have hurt though, in all seriousness.

Jamie said...

Our Hubbies sound very much alike.

I hope you were able to lick your wounds while enjoying some fantastic magic cookie bars!

Sunny said...

Oops! LOL Why is it our DH's always catch us at the wrong moment...

Anonymous said...

LOL! my mama and granny melt butter that way too! old habits die hard. hope your buttered eye is doing better ;)

battynurse said...

Ok that does sound a bit painful. Hope your eye is ok.

Anonymous said...

just catching up since vacation. i totally feel you on this. i can never replicate my mother's recipes. the stuff that she does just seems to work, but when i do it i get hot butter in the eye! :)

Anonymous said...

I hate it when my hubby proves me wrong. And, ouch!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I could have written this post! I do not cook. My husband is an excellent cook and baker. Whenever I try to make something he always corrects me. I want to ring his neck sometimes bc he is a know it all. I have 3 dishes I can make and then the rest is up to him.