Monday, May 11, 2009

Not a bad Mot.hers day

Had a pretty uneventful weekend. Yesterday was ok. We went to my sis's for brunch which was nice. I am liking this brunch thing because then we have time to see both my mom and MIL, not to mention the food is great. we had baked French toast. Have you ever had it? OMG it is AWESOME!!!! Anyway so we went there for a while and then we went to MIL. Surprisingly enough I had a good time at MIL house. The last few time I went over there has been nice. I think it is because it has just been DH and I. His family all together sometimes can be a lot to take.

Anyway we went there and then his step dad took us all out to dinner at this bar they like to go to. They had a nice buffet and it was good!! We stayed and watch the hockey game and the Red Wings won so it was a lot of fun!

MIL is driving down to Ok1ahoma to watch my niece graduate. Apparently she is going to come up here to go to college and live with MIL. I feel so bad for my niece. Her parents are both nuts. She definitely got the short end of the stick. I was sure she was going to be on drugs, pregnant, or run away by the time she was 16. Instead she turned out to be a well adjusted young lady with a good head on her shoulders. I am very proud of her! I can not believe she is graduating. I remember when she was 2. It seems like just yesterday. How fast they grow up. It is a shame that some people just do not appreciate that.

So I just want to send a Congratulations to A! I am very proud of you and I can't wait to spend time with you when you come home.

5 comments:

Sunny said...

Baked french toast sounds awesome, I'll have to search for a recipe!

DH was *soooo* pissed that the Red Wings game wasn't on out here. I called him from the grocery store to ask about something and he was flipping out. LOL

Glad you had a nice day, and congrats to your niece!

battynurse said...

Glad you had a nice day. That baked french toast sounds awesome.

Anonymous said...

yum. i love french toast. my friend has a recipe that we make for thanksgiving am that is stuffed with banana and has a lavender infused maple syrup that you drizzle over it. yum.

go wings :)

xoxo

Stacey said...

Any chance you might be posting the french toast recipe? :)
I can't stop thinking about it...

Cara said...

Wow - the food itself sounds like enough to keep me engaged in the day!!!