Friday, May 15, 2009

Show and Tell

I am posting my show and tell early this week because I am just so excited about it! I received it today and I just could not wait.

Well remember last week on my Favorite things Friday I posted here about Cara and her first annual Walk to Remember! I was so excited about and about all Cara does! Please visit her here and show her love and support.

Well being the Oh so thoughtful person she is, she wanted to make sure to include the online community in her walk that could not be there on that day. She had a contest to give away one of the beautiful memory boxes her husband makes to the person wo could guess how many times she would shed a tear. And guess what? I got it! Right on the nose...4 times! Thanks Cara I knew you would come through for me. Really I never thought I would win because I really don't win things.

Anyway she was quick and today I received my memory box and also a surprise that included the T-shirt she had made up for the walk. When the mailman rang my doorbell my heart skipped a beat. I could not wait to open it. When I opened it I was flooded with emotion and started crying my eyes out. I was just so happy to finally have a place to keep all the cards and things I had to remember my four beautiful angels. They use to be tucked away neatly in a memory trunk that I have filled with everything I have collected through my 35 years of life. But these things deserve a proper place. A place of honor and a place that can be displayed in my home so my angels will never be forgotten. Not that I ever would forget but now all who enter my home will remember too!

Thank you so much Cara you have given me something I will CHERISH forever!!!

So without further adieu I bring you pictures of my new treasure...(please excuse the pictures they were done with a camera phone because my DH who has no tech saviness broke my camera)

The box...

Photobucket

the box with its new contents...

Photobucket

the box in its new place that can be seen when you walk in my door...

Photobucket

the front of the T-shirt. It reads (in case you can't tell):
Share Southern Vermont
Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Loss Support, Inc
First annual Memorial Walk
May 9th, 2009
Photobucket

The back:

Photobucket

I will wear it with pride!

Check out what everyone else is showing at the head of the class at Mel's place.

18 comments:

Kahla said...

It's beautiful!

Sunny said...

How wonderful! I can only imagine how much this means to you. I'm so glad you have a beautiful way to display your treasures.

Dora said...

Beautiful! So glad you won.

Megan said...

I love the box!

Melis.sa said...

That is beautiful! What a sweet gift!!

'Murgdan' said...

That is so pretty...how nice. And a t-shirt too? :-)

Anonymous said...

that is so nice!!!

battynurse said...

Very beautiful. What a nice gift.

Jamie said...

What a beautiful memory box! I love the t-shirt as well. I would cherish them both!

Shanie Stozek said...

What a gorgeous box & what a great idea!

AnotherDreamer said...

How wonderful :) What a great box and shirt to help remember your babies.

Anonymous said...

That is so great. Cara is awesome.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful, wonderful gift to win!

Emmy said...

That is a beautiful box. Congratulations on your prize! It's always exciting to win something!

..al said...

Oh, Cara is one of the *bestest* people here!

Congratulations for the win...Cherish!

Kristin said...

The box is truly gorgeous and I'm wearing my shirt today...yay.

Beautiful Mess said...

Oh wow! How beautiful! I'm glad you have a special place for all your angel's cards. I hope it fills you with some peace.
*HUGS*

The Steadfast Warrior said...

I love seeing the whole box and contents. Just beautiful! What a wonderful gift.

Thanks for sharing. :) I agree that Cara is a very special lady.