Sunday, October 4, 2009

Another pet gone. :(

One of my birds died on Friday. :( I wasn't a big fan of the birds. We have had several birds and they all died fairly quickly. I would like one that talks. We had one that talked a long time ago but because we over heated teflon in one of our pans the bird breathed it in and died. We did not know teflon was deadly. After that we have had 4 different parakeets. I did not want the last 2 that we have but they were my niece's and she was moving and could not take them with her, so we took them. They were OK. Because there was 2 of them they kept each other company and did not want to be bothered by us humans. Well, Thursday night DH was talking to them and said to me that the boy did not look well. He was losing his feathers. The next day he was gone. I am sad now. I feel bad for the other bird because that was her buddy. I imagine she is going to be incredibly lonely now. We have been paying a lot of attention to her lately but she does not really like it. I don't know...we are not having much luck with animals lately. Maybe my other animals should run far away from us. :(

I had lunch with a friend on Friday. We don't get to see each other much but it is so nice when we do. She came over and had lunch here. She used to live here. We bought the house from her. I spent all day Thursday cleaning because I always feel like the house should be xtra clean for her since this used to be her house. It was a very nice visit.

Friday night my sis brought the kids over and DH watched them while her and I did another round of double coupon shopping at Kmart. Which we both did even better this time. No.ah who is normally a little leary of dogs has become completely crazy over Sammy. DH said all he wanted to do was pet him all the time. Then yesterday my sis called me and said that Noah had been yelling my name into a fake phone and she figured maybe to get him to stop he could really talk to me. He got on the phone and his first thing was, "Is Sammy good?". Every time I talk to him that is one of his first questions. It is so cute.

I was thinking last night that I do not want my nephews to grow up. Talking to them on the phone just brings a smile to my face. Their sweet innocent voices. I have a couple messages from No.ah on my phone and I listen to them at least once a day. When he says "I love you" in his little 2 yr old voice...nothing is better!

Anyway, that is all that has been going on with me. It has been a pretty dreary weekend. I think Fall has officially begun in Michigan. I love Fall but I don't like rainy and dreary.

I hope you all have had a great weekend!

10 comments:

Kahla said...

I'm so sorry about your bird, we had a run like that w/our pets a few years ago. We lost two of our dogs and a kitten w/in a couple of months, it was awful.. Big hugs!

Melis.sa said...

I'm sorry about the bird too :(


I know, i love the 2yr old voice, it's so sweet when it's saying nice things :)

WOot for a nice visit! also, i left you an award :)

battynurse said...

Sorry about the bird. I hope the other one isn't too lonely. You could always find her a friend. My family had a parakeet years ago that talked. Not super understanding but talked none the less and picked words up quickly.

Barb said...

I'm sorry about your bird. I don't want my nephews to grow up either (3 of them). It's so hard when you're far away and can't see so many of their stages. :(

AnotherDreamer said...

Sorry about the bird :(

You love your nephews so much :) I love hearing you write about them, it's such a great bond you have.

I don't want my nephews and nieces to grow up either. They loved me as babies, but now they are older they just want to rough house with my husband, lol. But, they are precious at that young age- so innocent and straight forward. I think kids are easier to talk to than adults sometimes, because the barriers we learn to put up as we grow up are non-existent in young children.

Stacey said...

I'm sorry to hear that you've lost another pet. :(

On another note, I like it when you write about your nephews. My husband and I have been VERY close to ours from day one. My sister's boys are now about to turn 9 and 7! I still adore them, but I sure do miss them as "little" boys! They look and sound more grown up with each passing day.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your bird. Even if it's not a pet you're close to, it's still sad and it's funny how empty the house feels. And right on top of your other loss, it's just hard to bear!

I'm so glad you had such a great visit with your girl friend! Your nephews are such good medicine. I love how close ya'll are. I want to get to know my little nephews better, too. The relationship you all have is really sweet.

Sunny said...

I missed this post somehow. I'm so sorry about your birdie. :( If bad news comes in threes, maybe you are done?

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is how I felt about my nephew too! He is almost 14 now...sniff, sniff! Still love him to death...but I miss when he was little!

So sorry about your bird. My grandma always had parakeets...I was never particularly found since they always seemed to fly in my hair and peck my head.

Thanks, also for the award...sorry it took me so long to get to you on that. No excuse, just procastination as usual for me!

Take care!!!!!

Eve said...

Dangit, it posted before I got to sign! It's Eve for IFrocks here as the anon above!!!!