Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Early Christmas present

I had a nice thing happen to me this weekend. I got a call from a place that I have a home equity line of credit and a personal loan through. They just wanted to ask me if it was ok if they defer my 2 payments this month so I would not have to pay them this month. I would just resume payments next month. Uh let me think about that....YES!!! This is the 2nd time they have done this and I told them "for the record you don't really have to ask me you can just tell me I don't have to pay. You really won't get any argument from me." They said they had to but I think it is a great Christmas present. It helps me a little. Hmmm if only I could get my mortgage company and car company to do that I would be all set.

9 comments:

CJ said...

Hey, that's great news! Congrats! I wonder why they do that.

Another Dreamer said...

LOL! Wouldn't that be nice? Glad they deferred the payment.

Cara said...

Now, THAT's the kind of surprise call I want to receive. Merry Christmas.

Echloe said...

So let me get this straight. They don't increase your rates or anything with this?

JamieD said...

Wow - what a present!! They wouldn't need my permission, either.

Mo and Will said...

Yay! That's a wonderful surprise!

Mo

In Due Time said...

Ugh, glad I'm not alone! ((Hugs))

Wooo hoo on the deferred payments, kick ass!

Monica LeMoine said...

Nice! Good to have that little safety net.

April said...

don't you just love it when stuff like that happens?? :)

yea!