Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's the final countdown

We survived "the Great Storm of 'o8". Every one is safe and warm now. I believe we did get the 10 inches of snow and some of the roads are still not great but over all it is good. On my way to work yesterday it was a little scary and I wondered if my Fus.ion would be able to trudge through all that snow but it did. It is a good car. DH went around in the afternoon and made some cash shoveling snow, so extra cash is always good. Oh, and the cutest thing...I let my dogs out when we got home and they are not tall dogs and we did not have a path shoveled for them but it had been all day for them so I let them out and it was hilarious. Sammy walked in the middle and then realized uh the snow is over me and watching him try to get out was the funniest thing. Katie just stayed by the house...she was the smart one. I ran to get my camera to snap a picture but by that time Sammy got the hang of it and was hoping like a rabbit to the back door. Too cute!

Today, I finished my Christmas shopping and I am very excited about that..well I might have a couple little things to get but other than that I am done. Plus my boss got me a gift certificate to Ba.th and Bo.dy Wo.rks so I went and stocked up on lotions and stuff. I think I may be addicted to lotions. I am starting quite the collection and I could have bought more but I didn't have any money left. Let me tell you the stores are CRAZY today! The lines to get in and out of the strip malls were insane! But I don't have to go back until after Chris.tmas and that is what matters.

Tonight, I am going to curl up on my couch and watch some Christmas movies I have DVR'd throughout the week. DH is going out with his brother later tonight. It is BIL's b-day so they are going to the bar and having a good ole time. It is great with me because I can have some relaxation alone time. Just what I need.

Last but certainly not least...I am on a final count down until I am off work for 1,2,3,4,5,6 that is 6 days folks!!! Six in a row and it is not because I had a miscarriage and it is not because I am sick (knock on wood)or for RE appointments. I think this a first for me in a looong time! I can not wait! I so need a break from that place. So 2 more working days (16 hrs) and then I am outta there!

I hope you have a great weekend!!!

13 comments:

Kahla said...

OK, I'm a little jealous of the snow since it's been in the high-70s here! I hope you have a wonderful evening (sounds awesome to me) and that your last 16 hours of work fly by!!!!

Jamie said...

Vacation time is always a welcome sight! I hope this next six days go by quick, quick, QUICK!!

In Due Time said...

Hope you have a great weekend, too! I couldn't imagine 10 inches of snow. The most we've seen is 3-4 back home. It was almost 80 again today. Heh.

April said...

glad to hear that you have survived. :) it is crazy. it is supposed to keep snowing until the 25th!! i think we're supposed to get up to 4 inches a day. b and i don't want to drive again today, but we have to. arg.

enjoy your break!

Sunny said...

You guys got so much snow up there, it's amazing! We woke up to about 4 inches this morning, which is certainly a lot for us. Especially since none of our roads will be plowed or salted. I don't know how DH is going to get to the grocery store today. I'm just hoping that the weather keeps other people home so it's not too crowded for him.

Congrats on the 6 days off! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. My DH is getting alot of time off, too, and I've been looking forward to it all month. :D

Shelby said...

Enjoy your time off! It is so wonderful to get a chance to be self-indulgent...you certainly deserve it!

Anonymous said...

glad to hear that you have survived the "blizzard of '08"/"the storm of the century"/"the winter white-out" or whatever other fun name the new station decided to come up with. i agree...the coverage of weather is quite amusing!

happy holidays...hope your last few days of work go quickly!

iclw

Beautiful Mess said...

We got about that much snow, too! Now it's all frozen over thanks to the freezing rain we got last night. I hope you enjoyed your movies. Happy vacation!!!
Hugs,
-D *ICLW*

Mo said...

Enjoy the snow and enjoy your upcoming time off! We didn't get so much snow in NYC but it was a decent sized storm for us. You sound like you're doing well- it's good to read!

Mo

Anonymous said...

I hope your vacation rocks. Enjoy those movies I have a few DVR'd as well that I hope to get to this week. I have 3 more gifts to purchase or make and I just don't have the spirit anymore.

Malky B. said...

Enjoy your much needed vacation!

ICLW

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful you're having a white Christmas - it's a dream that never comes true here in England.
Enjoy your holidays!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I agree, dogs in the snow are too cute. Our lab just frolics like crazy and is so happy every year when we get our first snow of the season. Have a great Christmas vacation!