Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Review of Fertilaid


Good afternoon all. I hope you are having a FABULOUS week! As you may remember, a month or so ago, I received these products, Fertilaid for women and men, a Fertile Focus Ovulation Predictor Microscope, and a Bend, Breathe, and Conceive Yoga DVD, in exchange for my review. 

So sorry for the delay but I have been preoccupied with the dog and then went camping. I now have my review of Fertilaid.

Fertilaid for women- Take 3 per day. Cost is 28.95 for a one month supply. From the websiteFertilAid for Women is a fertility enhancing supplement designed for trying-to-conceive women. Helps restore hormonal balance, supports reproductive wellness, and optimizes your chances of conceiving

You can go here to read more.

My review: I do not have a whole lot I can comment on since I am not yet pregnant. I think I would have to be taking this for a few months to find out if it will be successful. What I can say is that taking it has given me a lot more energy, just like any vitamin. I do like that it is specially formulated for women and to help enhance fertility success. Hopefully in time I would find that to be true but again I do not know. As I said before it is hard to remember to take 3 times a day. It really was difficult for me. I had it sitting right by dishes so I could see it when I was getting ready to eat so I could remember. There were a few days I forgot to take all 3. 

Another thing to note, my AF has been screwed up the last 2 months. She has visited about every 2 to 3 weeks and lasts 3 days. Now I am not sure why that happened, this could be because of PCOS. However, my cycle has been right on for the previous 5 months. Also to note I had AF right before I started taking this and then after I started them then I had another period 2 weeks later. It could be because my system was trying to correct itself. It has been 2 weeks since then so I will have to see if she shows her ugly face again.

I would say it does not hurt to give it a try and I would be curious to see if it would help with pregnancy. I think it is good , especially if you are someone like me who currently is trying to save money for more treatments, because it gives you something to do while you are waiting. I have felt like I was at least trying to give it my best shot on my own. It gives you something to try while you are waiting.

Out of 5 stars I would give it a 3 because I have not been taking long enough to know how it works truly.

Fertilaid for Men - 28.95 for 1 month supply. Also take 3 per day. From the websiteFertilAid for Men is a male fertility enhancing supplement designed to improve sperm count, motility, and morphology. Doctor-developed and clinically proven. You can go here to read more.

DH review: He says he REALLY likes these. He has never been much of a vitamin taker but once we got past his "forgetfulness" he really started taking them and all on his own. He said they definitely gave him more energy at work. Again as for "if" we will get pregnant because of it remains to be seen but he would recommend to anyone who asks. 

Out of 5 stars he gave a 4 because he said even if it does not work for pregnancy he really liked it.

Bend, Breathe, and Conceive Yoga DVD - 19.95 - From the websiteis a new yoga program specifically created to help couples conceive. Anna Davis, PhD, RYT, scientist and yoga instructor, guides you through a series of physical poses, yogic breathing techniques, visualizations and meditation practices designed to integrate mind, body and spirit to cultivate balance. This connection acts as an antidote to stress and promotes fertility and optimal reproductive health.

My review: This was VERY difficult for me. I have never been much of a Yoga person and when you are out of shape and over weight, such as I,  it makes it even more difficult. I TRIED to do it...I tried everyday for 2 weeks, no joke...and I still could not do hardly any of it. I did get better with the easier things to do and focused on them. Yoga just is not my cup of  tea...at least right now it isn't. I think if you like Yoga then you would like this DVD.

Out of 5 I give it a 3 because I think it would be good for someone who knows Yoga.

Fertile - Focus Ovulation Predictor Microscope - 27.95 From the website: Designed by leading fertility expert, Dr. Amos Grunebaum, ObGyn, Fertile-Focus is the affordable high-quality saliva-based fertility test (or personal ovulation microscope) that predicts ovulation with 98% accuracy – up to 72 hours in advance.

My review: I have not been able to see if it will work at predicting ovulation yet because my cycle has been so screwy these last 2 months. I have been getting a visit from my "dear aunt" about every 2 weeks. Needless to say I have not ovulated but it has been right on with predicting that. :(

Out of 5 stars I give it 4 because it is easy to read and has been right so far.

So overall I would say it is worth a try. It can't hurt...and may help. Whether I get pregnant will remain to be seen but you know I will definitely keep you updated on that. I hope this helps for anyone considering whether to try or not. Thanks again to Fairhaven Health for letting me try them out.

2 comments:

Adam and Julia said...

I completely agree!!!! I have been using Fertiliaid and so has my husband. His sperm count and motility were great last month, but we still are not pregnant. I also think that the 3 times a day is very difficult to keep up with. Good Luck!!

Monica said...

I'd be interested in a follow-up review of the Focuse Ovulation Predictor - whether it really works or not. That's one of those things I really wanted for a while (not now, but then) - since I'm terrible and doing the whole cervical-mucus check and all those other ways to check when you ovulate.