In honor of Thanksgiving I would like to do a post about what I am thankful for. At night I always try to count my blessings just before I go to sleep. I figure I spend a lot of time wishing for things I don't have and asking why me, I need to also spend time being grateful. I have a lot to be thankful and here are some of those things...
1. My husband - as mentioned in previous posts here and here, he is a great man. He is my soul mate and I do not know what I would do without him. I love you honey.
2.My job - I get very frustrated with it a lot, especially lately, but I am very grateful to have one. Especially since I work in the auto industry, which is a very scary industry to work in, I am happy that I am getting a pay check every two weeks and a semi good one at that.
3. My fur babies - Sammy, Katie Jo, Mia, and even the birds Romeo and Juliet. They put a smile on my face every day. They can take a bad day and erase all the badness. They love me unconditionally and I love them with all my heart.
4. My nephews - Jo.ey and No.ah. I am blessed to have them in my life. Although sometimes it is hard to think I should have children the same age, they are my heart and if they were not in my life I would not have the sunshine they bring me even on a cold dreary day.
5. My sister - Who in the last 4-5 years has become my best friend. It is a place that I never thought we would be. We did not get along for a long time and it made me sad but I am so happy to have developed this relationship with her. She offers unconditional support and I am so glad she is my not only my sister but my friend.
6. My mother - A mother who loves me for who I am. She can be infuriating sometimes but I would not be the person I am today if it wasn't for her. She taught me strength through some unimaginable rough times, perserverance (or maybe that is stubborness?), and most of all love.
7. My friends - The friends who stick by me through every thing. Who call to say if I need them to call them any time and they will be here in a second. They have held me up when I did not think I would be able to stand again. They made me laugh when I thought there was nothing to laugh about and they stand by my side when I feel alone.
8. My internet friends - You guys are the greatest. The support I receive from people who have never met me is nothing short of AMAZING. If you want to know more about how I feel about you just read my recent post here. Thank you again!
9. All my angels - When I get to heaven someday I will have all of you there waiting for me. That is going to be beautiful. You taught me love is possible for someone you have not even met yet and someone that was only here in my belly for only a few days or weeks. I wish with all that I am that it could have ended differently, that I could hold you in my arms and watch you grow up but I can't so I choose to be grateful for the short time I felt you and someday I will see you. I love you my angels.
10. My infertility - yes you read that right. Do not get me wrong I do not wish this on anyone and if I could choose I would definitely not choose this road. But it has taught me so much! Somethings I wish I did not have to learn, but still when I finally do get to hold that precious baby in my arms one thing they will never lack is love. They will know how much they are wanted and loved. I will never take one second of their lives for granted. I think IF has taught me how to be one great mother, which I hope to be someday, and I am thankful.
So those are my top 10 things I am thankful for. Notice it is not things it is people. Surround yourself with good loving people and you will have so much to be thankful for everything else comes in a distant second.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!